Tuesday 29 March 2011

Alice Vandy

I came across Vandy on Facebook, where she is a popular local model, fashion designer and artist. Her work is modern and futuristic, however incorporating the classical and necessary elements of design. A majority of her work has been hand drawn, and scanned into the computer. From this she has added colour and added backgrounds and manipulations.

Her work appears to be based on herself, the model and attitude reflects hers, almost living a powerful alter ego.



Her simple line drawings create fashionable final images, and her artistic talents work well together, incorporating all skills in each of her talents.


      First of all, I searched online to look at textile models, in order to have a starting point to draw from, I printed this off and traced it multiple times, however finding it looked out of proportion and too skinny.  Therefore, I took my own impression and re-drew the model. Once I had the line drawing, I scanned it into Photoshop, increasing the contrast of the black line to make a bolder image.




I then proceeded to colour in different parts of the model, making it futuristic and cartoonish. I am now going to scan in materials such as tights and other clothing in order to give realistic textures on the rest of her outfit








No comments:

Post a Comment