Thursday 25 November 2010

Creating my own brush

Using Photoshop I am able to create my own brush. A brush is a design/shape that when used with the paint tool creates a continuous image. Ideally, simple shapes and textures work best as brushes below I will show an example, and the processes I have taken.P


Firstly I decreased the saturation, making a black and white image. You can then edit curves/levels and adjust the image until you are happy with it. Now select the image > edit > define brush preset > allocate a name > ok.  Opening a new document, the brush can now be found along side the preloaded brushes on photoshop, and can be used via the paint tool.


Below you shows you can use it, in the same way as any other brushes. You can also change the colours and tones of the brush, via the colour palette, the size, and the opacity.


No comments:

Post a Comment