Wednesday 10 November 2010

Vault 49


Vault 49 gives a modern fashion twist upon graphic design and illustration. The digital take has created sucessful adverts for companies such as Blackberry and Honda. The work is  casual and youthful but has even had comissions by The New York Times. There images are made up of photography, taken by their award winning photographers, computer textures and hand-drawn elements. There is alot of layering and exact positioning working towards eye catching, bold results.


In order to create a similar image to Vault 49, I am going to start by shooting an image, perhaps of a product or model. I will then hand-draw and scan in parts from magazines, and publications in order to create my own brushes in Photoshop.


I have shot a few images of objects around me, including keyboards and my phone to turn into brushes on photoshop. This image will consist of layering different textures and shapes behind the main subject.

This is my first two layers, a high contrast keyboard and paint sploges I got from an online brush site.
I then continued to add layers of different textures and colours, many I made myself or textures taken from webistes. I also used the draw tool in Photoshop to create straight sharp lines.


I have tried to keep it spontaneous and colourful much like Vault 49's adverts and work, they are strong bold and eye catching.
I am now going to photograph a product, perhaps my iPhone to add on to the top layer, in order to fit a similar brief Vault 49 would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment